Saturday, July 3, 2010

To the Beloved

I surrendered to You,
and you completed me.

Then I began searching for You,
and you escaped me further
each time I got close.

I looked all over,
and sometimes I thought I'd found You~
but I kept looking

and You appeared
and told me to stop looking
for You

and I had trouble doing that,
because I hadn't found You

So I crossed the ocean, and
sat in the burning desert sun~
still You could not be found

and when I was really frustrated
with You
You came once again
and invited me to stop searching

And I knew not what else to do
so I stopped looking

And there You were~
except You were not You
and I was not me

It was all along I
that was sought,
and Grace that was found.

1 comment:

melissa said...

Keep writing more. Beautiful. Cannot wait to share in this weekend with you and Stephanie.
In joy!! Melissa


courtesy ronjamesphotography.com