Thursday, September 30, 2010

Unimaginable Love

In speaking with people about Love as the nature of Truth, I often encounter misunderstanding of what is actually being pointed to.  Because our conditioned and romanticized depiction of Love is centered around emotion and pleasure, it becomes very difficult for many of us to detach from that original view.  There is an open space in which Love is actually more than we can imagine, more than we can associate with as a feeling or thought.  This unimaginable Love is unconditioned, unregulated, unbound--we must come to it totally naked of any preconceived notion of Love.
This Love is sweet, but not sweetness...it is ecstatic, but not ecstasy...it is Truth, but not truthfulness.
Love is the Source, and the Source is ungraspable-
We can, however, recognize this Love as our own beingness.  In this way, love will not be known by how it looks, or feels, or even how it acts-it is deeper and more primary than that.
Love is, Love is...any thing we try to tag at the end of that makes Love into an idea.
Love just Is.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

mmmm....Love...all kinds...although I am quite drawn to the romantic, familial, and intimate kind, I am aware of why I seek this love - my pattern and my insecurity come from abandonment and my small self finds such bliss in being held, feeling safe, loved, adored, appreciated. I am grateful for the distinction made here, though, its powerful and important...Love/God/Om/Truth is even more satisfying...truly and deeply.


courtesy ronjamesphotography.com